The conference is held in the City of Wrocław, a thriving, cosmopolitan city and a vanguard of innovation where progress, in all of its forms, seems to have no limits. With an ample history spanning over a thousand years, Wrocław is a place where tradition and experience intertwine with the vibrancy of a dynamic business center. Every year, Wrocław is becoming “the” place for high-end investments and commerce.
Wrocław Copernicus Airport (IATA: WRO), with its modern terminal opened in 2012, is located ten kilometers from the historical city center. Similarly to other regional airports in Poland, Copernicus has grown significantly over the last years and continues to expand its services for international business travelers and tourists. In 2012, the airport served 2 million passengers. Now, this number is constantly growing. Wrocław Airport connects the city with major European transfer hubs (Frankfurt, Munich, Warsaw, Copenhagen) and with many other places in w
To learn more about direct flights to/from Wrocław please visit: http://airport.wroclaw.pl/en/passager/route-map/orwww.airport.wroclaw.pl
By train – railway
Wrocław Agglomeration railway network is undergoing modernization in order to provide the citizens with another possibility of commuting to the city center. Park&Ride systems are designed to encourage car drivers to leave their vehicles and use public transport including the Tram, which represents the intelligent public transport system. This relieves the traffic within the city and speeds up the time of getting to work.www.rozklad-pkp.pl/en
Polski Bus is the new alternative to air, train and car travel. Fast and comfortable coach service connects Wrocław with Berlin, Budapest or Prague.
Please visit their website for more information: http://www.polskibus.com/en/index.htm
Poland is part of the Schengen Area
Schengen C-type visa
The unified Schengen visa (C-type visa valid in Schengen states) entitles the holder to stay in the territory of all Schengen states.
The Schengen visa with limited territorial validity (C-type visa valid only in Poland or with validity excluded for a specified Schengen state/states) only entitles the holder to stay in the territory of the state/states for which it is valid.
What documents do you need when submitting a C-type Schengen visa application?
1. Travel document:
- valid at least three months after your planned departure from Poland/Schengen territory;
- with at least 2 blank pages;
- issued within the last ten years.
2. Completed and signed visa application form.
3. Biometric photo.
4. Visa fee.
5. Health insurance of at least EUR 30000, valid in the entire Schengen territory.
6. Supplementary documents, confirming:
- the purpose of the visit,
- possession of accommodation;
- possession of sufficient funds to cover the cost of entry, stay and departure from the Schengen territory or Poland;
- willingness to leave Schengen territory after
expiryof the visa.
The types and number of supplementary documents may differ depending on the consular office. In this
The consul of which Schengen state is competent to process your Schengen visa application?
- The consul of the Schengen state which is the main destination of your visit is always the consul competent to process your visa application.
- If you are not planning to visit Poland at all, you cannot submit your Schengen visa application to a Polish consular office.
- If you are going to visit several Schengen states, a Polish consul will be competent to process your application only if Poland is the main destination of your entry into
Schengenterritory or if Poland is the state in which you intend to spend most of your time.
- If you intend to stay in the territory of Poland and/or any other Schengen states (during one or more visits) for a total of up to 90 days within a half-year period calculated from the date of first entry, or if you plan to pass through Schengen territory (by train, car or plane), you need to apply for a Schengen C-type visa.
For More information visit our MFA’s website: http://www.msz.gov.pl/en/travel_to_poland/visa/
ADDITIONAL / USEFUL INFORMATION
Standard time zone: UTC/GMT + 1 hour
Daylight saving time: + 1 hour
Wrocław is the warmest city in Poland.The average temperature in April is around 10 degrees Celsius, usually with sunny daytime, but nevertheless some rain days may by expected. To check the latest weather forcast for Wrocław visit: http://www.meteoprog.pl/en/weather/Wroclaw/
In general, VISA, EC/MC and American Express credit cards are accepted in most restaurants, cafés, shops and petrol stations.
The voltage in Poland is 220-240 Volts. Primary Socket Type: Europlug, Schuko
Pod Papugami Restaurant
(located in the Market Square, next to the Town Hall)
ul. Sukiennice 9a
tel. +48 71 343 92 75
Bernard Pub & Restaurant
(located in the Market Square)
tel. +48 71 344 10 54
NEAR THE ZOO